I must say, I am very sorry that I haven’t written in here for quite sometime… all I can say for myself is there has been a fair amount of happenings over the past few months, that have made it near impossible to get most (if any) forms of writing done!
First of all, the elephant in the room… What ever happened to my “100 Days of writing”? Well, life happened! Yet again, I was finally getting into writing my Dragon Princess series, and life decided to throw me a whole lot of curve balls. These balls included, of all things – Morning sickness. Yup – we are expecting once again… so I may have to rethink the name of the blog, as I can’t just leave it at “How to with the Max” – there will be another little one to log little stories and memories about come June 1st! I’m now halfway though the pregnancy, and now that the morning sickness has seemed to subside, I’ve been catching up getting the nitty gritty housework done that I missed out on while I was talking to the porcelain telephone… during the first three months the morning sickness was so bad, all I had energy for was the very minimum housework and barely being able to keep up with Max – thank god for Kindy – I was able to sort myself out and take my time on those days, and reserve my energy for when Max was at home.
“100 Days of Writing” was a great little experiment for myself, and it did encourage me to write more. I promise I will try to do it again some time in the future, but not anytime soon! For now, I aim to commit myself to do a little bit of writing every day (mainly in my diary or here) and bring that down to once a week once the new baby is born in June – I don’t want to have too much pressure on myself that it makes me hate the idea of writing (which has happened to me a few times in the past)
So without further ado, I bring you this year’s first “How To”
“How to Clean the Pantry”
- Find a trail of ants leading to the pantry
- Empty the whole pantry (with the help of Mr. Threenager)
- Mr. Threenager spots the lolly jar and spends most of the time asking for a lolly
- Tell Mr. Threenager that he has to wait until the pantry is finished then he can have a lolly
- Mr. Threenager starts repeating “Please” over and over again
- Praise Mr. Threenager for using his manners, but remind him that he needs to wait
- Mr. Threenager walks out to the lounge and spends a while in there
- Continue to clean the pantry, condensing things into containers for more organised storage
- Mr. Threenager comes back into the kitchen and asks once again for lollies
- Remind Mr. Threenager once again to wait, make chippy sandwiches for lunch
- Finish cleaning the pantry, Mr. Threenager has forgotten about lollies, so sit down with a cold drink
- Go back to pantry, and find another ant – groan inwardly and give up.